Friday, September 27, 2013

September AEI♥U Challenge

I love the colors in this image and decided to have a go at a card for this challenge.   I used Distress Inks for the background and Avery Elle's Modern Leaves stamp set.   First time I've used this set and I wonder why the set of 3 dies only has 2 sizes that match the 4 stamp sizes?  I used clear embossing powder on colored cardstock and cut out the leaves to hang on the line.   A bit of washi tape was added underneath the sentiment and some Kelly Purkey flat sequins on the leaves.   I tried using salt on the wet distress ink to try to get the mottled effect like the photo, but without success. This is one of those cards that took eons to come together and by the time you finish, you're not even sure you like it anymore 'cause you're kind-of-sick-of-it!     I almost didn't bother posting.   But decided to after all and then had issues with either my wireless mouse or keyboard - can't figure out which and different (but were they new?) batteries didn't help.   Good thing we have 2 laptops! Anyhow,  here it is!

1 comment:

Thank you for stopping by!